I am please to share these meaningful quotes from Thirteen reasons why. The book and the series helped me in so many ways. It gives me wisdom to understand things and change my way of thinking. Hope this quotes encourage you guys to read the book and watch the series on netflix. You’ll learn a lot of lesson from the story. You’ll surely feel all the emotions.
- “You don’t know what goes on in anyone’s life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can’t be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life.”
- “But you can’t get away from yourself. You can’t decide not to see yourself anymore. You can’t decide to turn off the noise in your head.”
- “But I need to wake up somehow. Or maybe not. Maybe it’s best to get through the day half-asleep. Maybe that’s the only way to get through today.”
- “Sometimes we have thoughts that even we don’t understand. Thoughts that aren’t even true—that aren’t really how we feel—but they’re running through our heads anyway because they’re interesting to think about.”
- “Normally when a person has a stellar image another person’s waiting in the wings to tear them apart. They’re waiting for that one fatal flaw to expose itself.”
- “Like driving along a bumpy road and losing control of the steering wheel, tossing you—just a tad—off the road. The wheels kick up some dirt, but you’re able to pull it back. Yet no matter how hard you try to drive straight, something keeps jerking you to the side. You have so little control over anything anymore.”
Entry for the Daily Word Prompt: Pleased